Let's get some woodsball going...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's get some woodsball going...

Growing up back east woodsball was extremely popular. I moved here in 2000 and of course desert the landscape doesn't offer much. A good friend of mine and I have played for years and years and want to get into back into woodsball. We were up at fightertown and met a guy that is looking to build a new field in central Phoenix. We got to talking and decided we are going to get something put together so we can go up north (Prescott) and play some woodsball. The main problem is air, so my buddy and I found some large scuba tanks that we are going to buy so we can fill up while we are out there. The second problem is having enough people (hopefully at least 10) to commit and actually play. This would be purely recreational, no refs, just having some fun. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Robertbell6 View Post
    Growing up back east woodsball was extremely popular. I moved here in 2000 and of course desert the landscape doesn't offer much. A good friend of mine and I have played for years and years and want to get into back into woodsball. We were up at fightertown and met a guy that is looking to build a new field in central Phoenix. We got to talking and decided we are going to get something put together so we can go up north (Prescott) and play some woodsball. The main problem is air, so my buddy and I found some large scuba tanks that we are going to buy so we can fill up while we are out there. The second problem is having enough people (hopefully at least 10) to commit and actually play. This would be purely recreational, no refs, just having some fun. What do you guys think?
    We do this during the summer as it is a quick trip to Mingus Mountain to play. There is an established paintball group up there that goes by the name zero dark thirty. The Haboobs paintball team will usually meet up with them and gather between 20 and 40 peeps. We all have scubas already. Might be tougher to start your own thing than to join what is already working.

Comment

Originally posted by TPL View Post
      We do this during the summer as it is a quick trip to Mingus Mountain to play. There is an established paintball group up there that goes by the name zero dark thirty. The Haboobs paintball team will usually meet up with them and gather between 20 and 40 peeps. We all have scubas already. Might be tougher to start your own thing than to join what is already working.
      Oh wow, I completely agree. Getting started is the challenge. How do I get more information on join in?

Comment

Follow the Haboobs on Facebook for an event posting https://www.facebook.com/haboobspaintball/ and search for Zero dark thirty on Facebook as well... Haboobs will do several events this year with Westworld and the Tactical Paintball League https://www.facebook.com/tacticalpaintballleague/

Comment

Do people still play out at the jungle? When I used to live in phoenix, we would play at the jungle for woodsball.

Comment

Working...
          X