Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for feedback to improve PBAZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for feedback to improve PBAZ

    Hello everyone. I'll keep this first post short.

    I'm looking feedback on ways that you think we can improve PBAZ. I know that we need to bring traffic back to the site, what do think needs to be changed to get that done?

    All input is welcome, thank you.
    n i g h t c r e w

  • #2
    1. We need to revamp the site, updated stores and fields list with updated pictures, hours and prices. 2. What Jdiff, you and I discussed at Tempe paintball all those months ago, we need to be proactive and be at the fields and events.
    Menace
    Pbaz
    MPS
    CBK

    Comment


    • #3
      Agreed. I'll work on updating that today. Tshirts and stickers will be in in the next couple weeks.
      n i g h t c r e w

      Comment


      • #4
        copy that sir let me know when you're back in AZ I'm off on Sundays now

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm back. I have Thursday Friday off but I work nights so I can visit fields in the am.
          n i g h t c r e w

          Comment


          • #6
            I work Wednesday - sat 6 am - 10 pm

            Comment


            • #7
              Agreed with the updating the information. Mabye a facelift might help. Although the forums aren't in any way ugly, might be there's something that can make them nicer looking (without resorting to killing bandwidth).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tlmiller View Post
                Agreed with the updating the information. Mabye a facelift might help. Although the forums aren't in any way ugly, might be there's something that can make them nicer looking (without resorting to killing bandwidth).
                Noted. I'm looking into some new forum styles.
                n i g h t c r e w

                Comment


                • #9
                  We need a complete new look. We need to get off of Junior's Ballsack Cafe' look, and get back to the old. Or a new spin on the old. We also gotta understand that Facebook is probably going to prevent PBAZ from ever being what it was. There's hope, though. New ownership is step one. Stickers have been made for a while now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Honestly I don't even remember what pbaz used to look like. Do you have an archive or a screenshot of it or anything? I seem to remember a link passed around a while ago showing the old pbaz.

                    nvm found it
                    https://web.archive.org/web/20021129...tp://pbaz.com/
                    Last edited by Harrycarps; 11-26-2015, 10:57 PM.
                    n i g h t c r e w

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Harrycarps View Post
                      Honestly I don't even remember what pbaz used to look like. Do you have an archive or a screenshot of it or anything? I seem to remember a link passed around a while ago showing the old pbaz.

                      nvm found it
                      https://web.archive.org/web/20021129...tp://pbaz.com/
                      archive doesn't give the css, so it only shows part of how the layout was set up.

                      I'd suggest going as minimalist as possible, the more customization you make the harder it is on every vBulletin upgrade. It can also introduce areas to be exploited by hackers.

                      Reduce the noise on the front page. Link stories from Facebook back to the site to drive forum activity.

                      Get the stickers out on everyone's hoppers and toolboxes. Dump piles at stores and fields for people to give out, give them to people to hand out for you at fields. We used to use Stickerguy.com, he was fast and good quality for the price.

                      good luck!

                      ditangquan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Facebook killed the forum star.
                        I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ditangquan View Post
                          archive doesn't give the css, so it only shows part of how the layout was set up.

                          I'd suggest going as minimalist as possible, the more customization you make the harder it is on every vBulletin upgrade. It can also introduce areas to be exploited by hackers.

                          Reduce the noise on the front page. Link stories from Facebook back to the site to drive forum activity.

                          Get the stickers out on everyone's hoppers and toolboxes. Dump piles at stores and fields for people to give out, give them to people to hand out for you at fields. We used to use Stickerguy.com, he was fast and good quality for the price.

                          good luck!

                          ditangquan
                          Good points, thank you
                          n i g h t c r e w

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes. I definitely agree to start using integration between FB and PBAZ. Leverage the two worlds together.

                            Have never been a huge fan of the shout box personally. It was a multi user request to see how it went.

                            Can probably slim down a lot of the forums, but take the time to really think about what can merge. It can be daunting with 13+ years of content. Just do your thing man.

                            Dedication is the biggest thing PBAZ needs. Being deeply involved in the community takes a lot of time and I think you can do it. Becomes harder to do when you have families, etc, so get a really solid base going and go nuts re-promoting it.

                            Ping me if you need anything.

                            Dave - Media/Social support for R7usa & Senior Admin for PBAZ.com
                            R7USA.com
                            GregRedHastings.com
                            Contact me through PM or EMAIL here

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dave K View Post
                              Yes. I definitely agree to start using integration between FB and PBAZ. Leverage the two worlds together.

                              Have never been a huge fan of the shout box personally. It was a multi user request to see how it went.

                              Can probably slim down a lot of the forums, but take the time to really think about what can merge. It can be daunting with 13+ years of content. Just do your thing man.

                              Dedication is the biggest thing PBAZ needs. Being deeply involved in the community takes a lot of time and I think you can do it. Becomes harder to do when you have families, etc, so get a really solid base going and go nuts re-promoting it.

                              Ping me if you need anything.
                              Will do, thanks again.
                              n i g h t c r e w

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X